Benefits of Turmeric for Skin and More
In India, you can not imagine a curry without turmeric in it. Then again, it's but now that individuals are acknowledging that turmeric has various superb powers and is much more than a spice which can be relegated to a corner on your home. Turmeric is packed with loads of benefits and nowdays, scientists are furthermore substantiating this fact with research to prove it.
Turmeric is a miracle product that has obtained fame in modern times though in India, people have been using it right from medieval times. At present, turmeric is one spice which will usually be found in each and every Indian kitchen and is used to add flavor to curries and stir fries. However its skin benefits are more notable as turmeric is famous for its germ killing and anti-inflammatory properties.
Beauticians throughout the globe are waking up to the wonderful benefits of turmeric and it's also getting incorporated in beauty products. What is wonderful about turmeric is that it's easily accessible and you can use it in numerous ways using ingredients that are accessible right in your own house.
If you are able to find 100% pure turmeric powder, you can use it in numerous ways to add shine to your skin.
- Turmeric helps you reduce pigmentation on your face and smooth out your skin tone. It can be quickly done at home. Combine a small turmeric with cucumber or lemon juice and apply to your face. Leave it for some time and rinse off. A one-time application could be of little help and only frequent use will give a soft glow to your face.
- Troubled with pimple? Whether it is for you or your teenager, turmeric is a beauty ingredient that is safe and yet offers good results. Turmeric combined with sandalwood powder and a little water, and applied to the face can consider less less the appearance of acne. It's undeniably an inexpensive substitute to all those creams and gels that are typically not as powerful as desired or they claim.
- Here is an excellent idea for an all over body scrub. Mix some turmeric with gram flour and water and use it to scrub all over your body before your shower. Performing this often will indeed help you get a glowing skin. Ask any bride in India and she will say that this is the beauty regimen that they dutifully stick to days prior to their wedding ceremony to get a spotless skin.
- One problem that usually besets pregnant women is the physical appearance of stretch marks on their tummy. In case you've wondered exactly how stretch marks can be avoided, considering applying a combination of turmeric with yoghurt to the belly and then it wash off after five minutes. If you continue this regularly, it will help in maintaining the elasticity of the skin and avoid stretch marks.
- Turmeric has also been called the super product as a result of its power to attack free radicals. This excellent anti-oxidant is recognized to help prevent various disorders as well as cancer. In fact, turmeric is one of the best known remedies used to reduce the restoration time of various skin conditions that are caused by chicken pox etc. Turmeric helps in reducing skin rashes as well.
- For those who want to reduce the hair growth on their face, turmeric once again comes to the rescue. Regular washing with turmeric minimizes facial hair growth significantly.
- Grandmas in India often prefer to apply a paste of turmeric to small cuts, bruises and bumps as it lessens the inflammation Just as an ice pack would do, without the discomfort. Turmeric's numerous antiseptic properties are great for using it for minor cuts, injuries and abrasions and it assists in quickening the healing process.
- If you have by accident burnt your hand in the kitchen, here's an easy remedy to ease the burn. Blend a teaspoon of turmeric with some aloe gel and apply to the burn.
- Up to now, we've studied about the cosmetic results of turmeric for the skin. However did you know that turmeric is a wonderful natural way to combat that that has been bothering you for so many nights? Lose those expectorants and just blend a spoonful of turmeric in warm milk and drink it down. The hot milk eases the throat and the turmeric combats infection in the throat.
- Turmeric helps lessening gum infections as well! Apply a mixture of turmeric, rock salt and mustard oil to the afflicted area around two to three times a day. Comply with this by cleansing your mouth with a little warm water.
- Feeling listless and tired? If you suspect you have anemia, then a teaspoon of turmeric powder blended with honey, taken every day can help in countering anemia.
- Turmeric powder mixed with water is also recognized to help diarrhea.
Just before you get started with any cosmetic or skin related remedies with turmeric, do create a note that it can stain the skin a light yellow. It's an excellent idea to use it at night and then bathe off with water and a gentle facial cleanser in the morning.
As you have likely understood by now, turmeric is not just excellent for applying on the skin but has a host of fantastic benefits if you ingest it as well. It's a sharp and pungent spice and no Indian food is complete without it. Try including it to your food while cooking and while it could give off a yellow touch, bear in mind all the wonderful benefits you will have. Of course, the amount of turmeric used in meals is rather minimal but it's a good food habit.
Numerous scientific findings concerning turmeric also reveal that it can definitely prevent leukemia by safeguarding DNA from dangerous toxins. Turmeric is also known to minimize the ill results of processed foods and also smoking. Among the active compounds of turmeric, Curcumin, is held responsible for a lot of this benefit.