Do You Know About the Benefits of Drinking Water?
The benefits of drinking water are extremely important to your health. Water is the key element to everything. Our bodies are over 70% water and it is extremely important for maintaining a healthy lifestyle. We can only live a few days without water. This is second only to oxygen.
What is the importance of drinking water?
1) Dehydration is caused by not drinking enough water. This is one of the major reasons for feeling tired all day long. Dehydration slows your metabolism which in turn makes you tired.
2) If the water in your body drops just 1%, it can cause your concentration and physical activities to slow down.
3) Coffee, colas and tea all contain caffeine and they will cause you to become dehydrated.
4) Drinking water is a hydration process for your body at the cellular level. This allows you to be at your best through the day.
Water is lost every time you breathe, perspire or urinate. Approximately 2.5 liters are lost just from these normal functions. For someone who is physically active as far as running, playing sports or exercising daily the water loss is even more pronounced.
How do you know if you are dehydrated? You will be very thirsty but the truth is your body needs water long before it displays this symptom of dehydration. Mild dehydration can cause pain in the joints and muscles, pain in the lower back, headaches and constipation.
The importance of drinking water can not be emphasized enough. A few of the benefits that you will reap from drinking enough water are:
* improvement in the condition of your skin
* more energy as the metabolism is sped up by 3% when you get enough water
* less incidence of constipation
* aids in weight loss
* flushing toxins from the body
* reduces the risk of heart attack
* regulating your body temperature
* keeps muscles and joints moving smoothly
* reduces the risk of infections as well as disease
* burns fat and builds muscle
If you are drinking water for a weight loss plan, the best way of keeping track of the amount you should drink is one ounce of water for every 200 pounds you weigh. However, if you have an exercise regimen that you are following as well, you should drink even more water than this.
Good news if you do not like water that well. There are many fruits that you can eat that contain water. There are also flavors that can be added to water to give it another taste entirely. This is a good way to get the water your body needs and will allow you to reap the benefits.
Have you ever heard that when you become thirsty you are already dehydrated? This is the time your body needs water the most. However, when many people become thirsty the first thing they reach for is a soda. This is the worst thing you can do to your body. Soda contains caffeine which adds to the dehydration. If you understand the benefits of drinking water, you will be more apt to help your body to function properly. The main concern is to get water in one form or another to keep your body hydrated.