Glutathione Vs Glutamine
What is the difference between glutathione and glutamine?
Glutathione is an antioxidant, one of the human body’s most powerful antioxidant particles, while glutamine is an amino acid. However, Glutathione is also said to be an amino acid but a different kind, as it is a material resulting from several types of amino acids. This material is also beneficial to the body as an antioxidant as these help avoid cancer from occurring by preventing carcinogens and other cancer-causing substances from damaging important cellular components in a human body.
Both glutamine and glutathione are already naturally produced by the human body; however, both can also still be enhanced further by outside sources such as natural glutathione supplement and glutamine supplement.
These two substances may seem the same, but, their roles and effects on the body are quite different from each other.
The long name for this is glutamylcysteinylglycine and as mentioned above, it is an antioxidant and is also made from several kinds of amino acids, such as glutamate, cysteine and glycine. You might have also noticed that the long name of glutathione includes these three amino acids.
One of glutathione’s major roles is to control the kinds of bonds created between proteins and other substances in one’s body. Another one of its many roles is to help the human body absorb and make use of other amino acids.
There are many varieties of natural glutathione supplement nowadays, so, it is best that you are familiar with their benefits:
1. Anti-aging. This is one of the well-known benefits for these supplements. This antioxidant recycles both vitamins C and E which helps in protecting the body against the causes of aging.
2. Detoxifies the body. This antioxidant also benefits in being able to control immune cells and detoxify parts of the body, for example, the liver. Another way glutathione helps in cleansing the body is by getting rid of unwanted heavy metals such as mercury.
Glutamine may also be an amino acid just like Glutathione, but it is the richest one in the human body. Glutamine has an essential role and that is to eliminate ammonia, a waste product, from the body. Its other roles also include maintaining the normal function of one’s immune system, digestive system and brain.
There are numerous glutamine supplements these days and they are available in forms of medication or even raw foods. The medications, however, are sensitive to heat, so, it is advised that they be taken with water at a cold or room temperature.
The benefits of glutamine supplement include:
• Helps keep the brain healthy by providing various substances such as glutamic acid and gamma-aminobutyric acid which also help the brain to function well. This also aids in the mental health of a person to help them think properly and clearly, therefore, avoiding cases of mental illnesses.
• Like glutathione, it also promotes anti-aging by slowing down the causes and effects of aging.
• Other benefits of glutamine supplement are helping in maintaining the proper function of kidneys and also to boost one’s immune system to prevent them from sickness and infections.
• These vitamins can also help by healing wounds faster.