Goji Juice Benefits
Goji juice has become immensely popular over the last few years … but is it as healthy as all the hype suggests?
This article looks at the actual health benefits of Goji Juice.
At the moment, like many other secrets of the Far East, the Goji berry is still surrounded in mystery. In Asia, the general well-being and health properties of Goji berries and Goji juice have been known for many years. It is now becoming generally accepted, even in the West, that most people will benefit from using Goji juice as a holistic medicine.
Dr. Mindell is a respected world-renounced herbalist and nutritionist and through his career he has put a lot of time into researching Goji berries and finding out how the goji juice can effect our lives. Here are some of the health benefits of Goji juice that Dr. Mindell has found:
1) Antioxidants: The antioxidants in Goji berries have been measured at levels higher than any other know fruit. Antioxidants are responsible for removing free radicals from the body before damage to the DNA in your body's cells can occur. Recent studies have shown that antioxidants can actually repair damaged DNA and also have the potential to restore cancerous cells to their former healthy state, as well as assisting in preventing cancers.
2) Chi (Kidney) balance: Goji products are some of the most popular herbs in Asian medicines that are used to restore the balance of Chi in the body. It's believed that some dizziness and also headaches can be caused by a Chi deficiency. This means that by having Goji juice, you will be helping to correct your body's Chi deficiencies, therefore helping to relieve symptoms such as insomnia, low energy, heart palpitations and also even anxiety.
3) Vision: Carrots are widely known for their high quantities of beta carotene which is proven to greatly aid your vision. Goji juice actually contains a higher concentration of beta carotene even than carrots! Since ancient times, in the Far East, Goji has been used to help improve one's vision in both dark and light conditions. Goji juice may also help protect against cataracts and also help reduce blind spots.
4) Diet control: Goji juice can be a helpful addition to a controlled and balanced diet, this is mainly due to the wide spectrum of nutritional contents. In a controlled experiment in Asia it has been found out that certain cells converted glucose into energy rather than storing it as fat. Goji juice had a balancing effect on the bodies blood sugar levels because of the high levels of natural chromium, this helps to hold back "sugar cravings". Goji juice
is a natural cholesterol emulsifier, typically preventing the arteries from clogging up.
5) Aphrodisiac: For those who are looking for a natural, safe way of increasing their libido, Goji juice is just the thing. Goji juice has long been thought to be a powerful natural aphrodisiac. Both women and men can benefit from this natural sexual tonic.