How To Get Backlinks For Your Blog
What are Backlinks? From Wikipedia
Backlinks are incoming links to a website or web page . In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page (although other measures, such as Pagerank, are likely to be more important) .Outside of SEO, the backlinks of a webpage may be of significant personal, cultural or semantic interest: they indicate who is paying attention to that page.
Backlinks enable you to keep track of other pages on the web that link to your posts. For instance, suppose Alice writes a blog entry that Bob finds interesting. Bob then goes to his own blog and writes a post of his own about it, linking back to Alice's original post. Now Alice's post will automatically show that Bob has linked to it, and it will provide a short snippet of his text and a link to his post.
Why backlinks are important?
Simple reason, the more the backlinks, the more the traffic. Suppose there is very good quality website having a high pagerank.If the site provides a link to link to your site, then your site has more chances of receiving good traffic. You may have seen people leaving their blog address with their comment. It serves as a backlink.
Another important point!
Search engines often use the number of backlinks that a blog or site has as one of the most important factors for determining its search engine ranking. Thus backlinks also improve Pagerank.
Now you know what backlinks are. But how to get backlinks for your blog. It's pretty easy but very less people follow these steps
1. Join forums and groups on Yahoo and Google. Write articles, post queries and leave your blog address there.
2. Write comments on blogs having high Pagerank and leave your blog address there.
3. Post good quality articles on sites like Ariclecity, goarticles, etc and leave your blog address there.
4. Make sure your blog has good content. If content is good then visitors will come back again.
5. Submit your site to popular blog directories. Submit to only those which are having a high Pagerank.
6. Join social bookmarking sites. These sites bring a lot of free traffic and moreover the traffic is send directly.
Follow these steps and your traffic will be more than double in three months. One important point-Pagerank is calculated on the number of backlinks but make sure you have backlinks on sites which have a Pagerank. If you have backlinks on sites of low Pagerank then you Pagerank will go down.