Quick Guide to Making Your Own GIFs
You can find GIFs being used just about everywhere. They look great and are highly functional in a number of applications. Some brands like to include them in their email marketing, tweets and other online messaging. It’s been shown that GIFs can increase engagement on Twitter. Marketers, professional SEO service providers and companies all like to use GIFs.
If you’re trying to do the same for your campaigns, then there’s good news. With the right tools, you can easily make GIFs on your own. Social media marketing services and Internet marketing agencies do this all the time. Here’s a quick list of tools you can use to start making your own GIFs:
- Gifs.com allows you to make images from YouTube videos, Vine and Instagram posts. Note that there are plenty of different editing tools you can use to make captions and resize and crop the image.
- Giphy GIF Maker gives you more creativity, allowing you to select from their large selection of GIFs. You’re also able to create them directly from YouTube links and video files. All you have to do is paste the URL of the video or upload the file of the video, then it will be uploaded for you to edit.
- Gifmaker.me is free to use and allows you to make slideshows and animated GIFs. It has advanced editing features, like adding captions, changing the size of the image and adding transitions.
Creating a GIF Using Photoshop
Photoshop continues to be the leading software used by entrepreneurs and individuals alike. It’s pretty simple to make a GIF using this tool – here’s what you have to do:
- Upload the images into the Photoshop program. GIFs are made up of numerous images or frames.
- Start designing the animation. You do this by selecting timeline from the window menu. Then click on ‘create a frame animation.’ Then go to the right corner and choose ‘make frames from layers.’ You can hit play to run through the animation.
- Export the GIF, which can then be used for your website, social media posts and anywhere else you find use for it on the Web. Make sure to optimize the images you create. A professional SEO service can assist you with this.
You can also use Photoshop to convert videos into GIFs. If you want to do this, all you have to do is click on ‘file’, ‘import’, ‘video frames to layers.’ You can then choose to import a certain amount of the video. If you need help with creating high-quality GIFs, then consider working with a professional at an SEO service.