Social Media Marketing Are You All Over The Map? 5 Tips to Be More Productive Now (Yes You Can)
With social media marketing it is so very easy to get lost in all of it. When you first start looking at it as another marketing tool to add to your tool belt it can be challenging just to decide where to start. Much less figure out exactly what is going to be the most useful for your business. I strongly suggest you start with one tool and learn it will before you move on.
Here are 5 tips you can start taking advantage of right now …
1) Stay up to date – it surprises me how many people get started, learn a little bit and then stop learning. All of the tools and platforms are upgrading and adding new features all the time. Social media is a very competitive market. It is in your best interest to keep up to date, download new versions and start using them. New features are often created because customers asked for it and could make the program much easier for you to use.
2) Use the right tools – there are so many options out there today that it will take you some time to find out which ones are best for you. There are 100's of options to assist you in managing your social media accounts. Knowing what you want the tool to do for you is very important or else you'll be off chasing that next shiny object. Remember too that you can change the tools you use. For a long time I used TweetDeck and then I found that for my purposes HootSuite qualified my needs much better.
3) Automate – this one is my favorite! Many times in my life I have said "if I have to do it more than once the computer can do it better". Look for ways to automate the repetitive tasks, I actually use 5 different tools to assist me in managing Twitter accounts for my clients. This allows me to concentrate on the most important aspects of their accounts.
4) Experiment – Test things out, do not be afraid to check things out just remember you need to know what you are looking for when you start. When you have that idea in your mind about want the tool to do for you it is usually pretty quick and easy to decide if it has the potential you are looking for. You will easily be able to make the decision to spend more time investigating or move on.
5) Say no – do not be chasing after the next shiny object or program. You need to be selective in what you do. Consistently ask yourself the question "Is this best for my business right now?" If it is going to take you away from your business because you are going to have to spend hours and hours learning something new then maybe now is not the best time. You know what you need to get done, do not let others distract you and take you off task.