Top 5 Microdermabrasion Benefits
Microdermabrasion benefits have captivated many users, and may have even made them MDA addicts! If you have not ever tried microdermabrasion, it is probably because you do not know what it is and what it can do for you. You can have it done professionally (at a spa or dermatologists office), or you can opt to use a home microdermabrasion kit.
Microdermabrasion usually consist of two steps. The first is the scrubbing crystals (aluminum oxide), the second is a replenishing serum designed to help restore nutrients and moisture to your skin.
In a nutshell, microdermabrasion sloughs off the very topmost, tough layer of skin. The theory is that as the top layer of skin is removed, the body thinks damage has been done and kicks in a response to replace that layer as quickly as possible, producing healthy skin cells to replace the ones just removed.
The results and best benefits of using microdermabrasion include:
1. Glowing skin – with that top layer of dull, toughened skin gone, the newer skin underneath is revealed, making your skin look fresher and more vibrant.
2. Soft skin – with the toughened layer removed, moisturizers are more easily able to penetrate the skin, helping to soften it.
3. Reduced scarring – It has been shown that long-term, consistent use of microdermabrasion can reduce the signs of scarring caused by acne or other blemishes. It is theorized that the skin works overtime in speeding up healthy cells to the surface of the skin, removing blemishes over time.
4. Smoother skin – due to the scrubbing action of the aluminum oxide crystals, the bumpy texture on skin is smoothed out, helping to greatly eliminate rough skin.
5. Reduction of fine lines – again, the scrubbing action removes that top layer of skin, helping those fine lines disappear over time.
Always use sunscreen after using microdermabrasion. You need to protect your skin as it goes through the replenishing process.
Discover other secrets to take care of your skin. Grab my Free Report titled "Guide to Healthy, Beautiful, Wrinkle and Blemish Free Skin."
Kaelyn Hales is a well respected skin care consultant who shares the best secrets to take care of your skin. She has helped hundreds of people care for and remedy their skin problems, while helping others find the right color cosmetic combinations for their personality type and skin tone.