Vitamin D12 Benefits For Your Health and Wellbeing
The 12 benefits of adequate Vitamin D3 (CHOLECALCIFEROL) are easily identified from the medical literature. These benefits appear in enough different places that it can be assumed the studies are valid.
- Adequate levels of Vitamin D3 protect against Breast Cancer. One problem with cancer cells is that they don’t destruct when they are supposed to. They keep dividing and reproducing. Vit. D receptors are present on most cells in our body and help to trigger appropriate cell death, and identify to the immune system the correct cells it should eliminate.
- Ditto for Cancer of the Colon (large bowel). Both colon cancer and breast cancer are increased in people of color. The same people most likely to have lower levels of Vitamin D3 in their blood. People who have more pigment in their skin need 30% more sun exposure to produce enough cholecalciferol. Anyone and especially dark skinned individuals need to supplement if they live in northern latitudes that have more months of reduced sunshine per year.
- Vitamin D regulates absorption of calcium and phosphorus which are needed for healthy bones. Low levels of D3 are associated with poor bone development in children and bone softening in adults called osteopenia if mild or osteoporosis if advanced.
- Vitamin D3 is associated with proper immune function. It is no coincidence that the “cold season” is during winter months when there is less sunshine.
- The Brain’s health is dependent upon a number of factors and one of them is adequate levels of Vitamin D3.
- Keeping adequate levels of Vitamin D3 in our blood and tissues is associated with decreased aging changes in our body. Want to keep your vitality longer? Make sure you get enough Vitamin D in your diet or enough sunshine in your life.
- Certain female gynecologic infections are associated with inadequate blood levels of Vitamin D3. Bacterial Vaginosis is the most common of these and hardest to control. If you have vaginitis and it won’t clear, check your 25OH Vitamin D blood levels.
- Insulin is a very important hormone but it can be over or under secreted. Vitamin D helps regulate insulin secretion.
- Many patients, especially women complain of joint pain and fatigue. Some of them have been given the diagnosis of Fibromyalgia. Inadequate blood levels of D3 are associated with these aches, pains and fatigue. Get your 25OH vit D levels checked or take a therapeutic trial of 1000IU/day and keep a journal of your symptoms.
- Auto-immune disorders wreak havoc with tissues in our body. Common diseases that are caused by auto immune dysfunction are diabetes, rheumatoid arthritis, and hypo-thyroidism. Adequate levels of Vit. D3 in the blood and tissues decreases the risk and severity of such diseases.
- Hypertension is associated with inadequate blood and tissue levels of several minerals and vital substances like potassium, calcium, selenium, and you guessed it Vit. D3.
- Vitamin D3 if kept at adequate levels in the blood is associated with a decreased risk of death from any cause. It isn’t a panacea, but it obviously plays a more important role in our health than was realized for any years.